We are seeking an associate for our privacy & IT law practice. We represent clients across industries and the globe and of all sizes to help them through complex privacy and IT law related matters. We do privacy compliance projects, we litigate, we advise and we draft and negotiate contracts. The associate we look for will in principle support the practices of all three partners.
What we offer
We offer a challenging and inspiring work environment. You will work with an ambitious and driven team which believes in team cooperation and having fun on the job. We don’t do lots of formalities or hierarchy and all work-related topics can be subject to debate. We strongly believe in a healthy work-life balance and challenge each other when this belief is put to the test. We make sure that we give proper attention to the needs of our diverse client base and therefore we regularly choose to be selective when taking on new clients. We value the autonomy and the personal development of our team members and maintaining pleasant and easy-going client relations: we love our clients and they love us. And of course, we offer competitive wages and employment benefits.
You should have 3 to 5 years of experience as an attorney-at-law (admitted to the Dutch bar), preferably with proven experience in privacy and/or IT law. Someone who is eager to be part of a growing boutique law firm, with an enthusiastic and hands-on mindset. Superior verbal and written skills in Dutch and English are required and your interpersonal skills may be even better. You have a sharp eye for detail but you are also a creative thinker. You have an aptitude for technology and a general understanding of how web technologies work. Last but not least: we need you to be fun to work with.
Role and responsibilities
- Drafting, reviewing and amending advice, court documentation and letters
- Recognizing opportunities for business development, be part of our business development activities
- Drafting or contributing to presentations, courses and publications; also the ones you came up with yourself
- Managing expectations (internal as well as external), deadlines and project delivery in a good manner
- Legal and sector knowledge development and sharing
- Providing strategic guidance to clients through understanding key objectives and the relevant playing field
- Proactive engagement with clients with a view towards building and maintaining strong client relationships