Please click this link for a few slides in Dutch about this vacancy, to get a better impression.
We are looking for a (senior) associate for our privacy & IT law practice. We represent clients across industries and the globe. We help them with complex privacy and IT law related matters. We do privacy compliance projects, we litigate, we advise, and we draft and negotiate contracts. The (senior) associate we look for will in principle support all these practice areas and in any case the privacy practice.
What we offer
- Nice colleagues, nice clients and nice work, and just in case this doesn’t suffice yet:
- Flexible work (as to the where and the when; every Monday we work together, alternatively at our Amsterdam and Rotterdam office)
- Competitive wages depending on your experience level (we can provide insight into our salary scales during the application procedure)
- Our philosophy is to spend 20% of our working hours on non-billable work, e.g. for personal development, publications or courses (based on your own preferences)
- Bonus per half year (up to 5 monthly salaries per year), which we work towards as a team
- Vacation: flexible holidays (5 weeks of vacation per year forms the point of reference for determining our targets)
- The chance to take part in the development of a growing firm
We offer a challenging and inspiring work environment. You will work with an ambitious and driven team which believes in team cooperation and having fun on the job. We don’t do lots of formalities and don’t believe in hierarchy that much; all work-related topics can be subject to debate. We strongly believe in a healthy work-life balance and challenge each other when this is put to the test. We make sure that we give proper attention to the needs of our diverse client base and are also therefore selective when taking on new clients. We value autonomy, personal development and maintaining pleasant and easy-going client relations: we love our clients and they love us. And of course, we offer competitive wages and employment benefits.
What we look for
A new colleague, who:
- Loves to have fun in both the work itself as well as the related collaboration with others
- Can work independently and likes flexibility
- Is fast thinking and loves to perform high-level work
- Has an entrepreneurial mindset and would like to help the further growth of our “scale-up” law firm
- Has 3-7 years of work experience
You should have 3 to 7 years of work experience, preferably as an attorney-at-law (admitted to the Dutch bar). We look for someone who is eager to be part of a growing boutique law firm, with an enthusiastic and hands-on mindset. Superior verbal and written skills in Dutch and English are required and your interpersonal skills may be even more important. You have a sharp eye for detail, but you are also a creative thinker. You have an aptitude for technology and are fun to work with.
Role and responsibilities
- Drafting, reviewing and amending advice, agreements, court documentation and letters
- Recognising opportunities for business development, be part of our business development activities
- Drafting or contributing to presentations, courses and publications; also the ones you came up with yourself
- Managing expectations and deadlines (internal as well as external)
- Development and sharing of legal knowledge
- Providing strategic guidance to clients through understanding key objectives and the relevant playing field
- Proactive engagement with clients with a view to build and maintain strong client relationships