We are seeking an associate for our privacy & IT law practice. We represent clients across industries and the globe and of all sizes to help them through complex privacy and IT law related matters. We do privacy compliance projects, we litigate, we advise and we draft and negotiate contracts. The associate we look for will in principle support the practices of all three partners.
You should have 3 to 5 years of experience as an attorney-at-law (admitted to the Dutch bar), preferably with proven experience in privacy and/or IT law. Someone who is eager to be part of a growing boutique law firm, with an enthusiastic and hands-on mindset. Superior verbal and written skills in Dutch and English are required and your interpersonal skills may be even better. You have a sharp eye for detail but you are also a creative thinker. You have an aptitude for technology and a general understanding of how web technologies work. Last but not least: we need you to be fun to work with.
Role and responsibilities
- Drafting, reviewing and amending advice, court documentation and letters
- Managing client expectations (internal and external client), deadlines and project delivery in a good manner
- Legal and sector knowledge development and sharing (internally and externally)
- Providing strategic guidance to clients through understanding key objectives and the relevant playing field
- Proactive engagement with clients with a view towards building and maintaining strong client relationships
- Recognising opportunities for business development, assisting with our business development activities
- Drafting or contributing to presentations, courses and publications
- Assisting with administrative activities and timely invoicing